2nd Class Activity
MY THESIS- NEED TO MAKE A THESIS, Mrs A said I need to make a thesis as I don’t have one.
I would first like to discuss how San Francisco and the Aids/Hiv epidemic started affecting its city and everyone that lived there. From people dying and needing the proper healthcare to helping the community move forward. Things like celebrations and equality I will discuss as it plays a huge role in the time Michael was alive. Things like how the gay community was affected, and how they have come so far today with equality are also things that I intend to write about. I enjoy writing about these topics because they have not always been implemented the same over the past years. Time and culture have kept changing and moving, showing evidence of success in the gay community today compared to past times. Finally I will be writing about the government and how social science and medicine play a role in this epidemic as well. Below are the sections of the quilt that I chose to research, and focused more on to see what kind of material culture I could pull out of it and learn more about.(WHAT I HAVE FOR NOW)
- Talk about how San Francisco is embodied in your quilt.
- How did the community of San Francisco play a role in the Aids/HIV epidemic
- What happened as a result of the community coming together to help
- Have lives became better for people living with HIV or not
- Compared to today how has the gay community changed
- How has the gay community influenced the government
- What role did the gay community of San Francisco play in trying to change laws in the government
- Why was the government so involved